Brisk energy and a playful spirit manifest on this oceanfront tire swing. The model’s crisp dark figure contrasts against the gray, out-of-focus background. The pendulum is pushed to its extreme, signifying not only what has transpired but what is about to happen. In this way, the image is more about the relationship between immediate past and immediate future than about a present moment. I strive to make images that are not about any one point in time. Photographed at North Eleuthera, The Bahamas.
- From a limited edition of 10 archival photographs
- Signed and numbered by artist A K Nicholas
- Image: 20×30 inches/51×76 cm
- Paper: 22×32 inches/56×81 cm
- Shipped unframed in a sturdy, double-walled tube